Book review: Grief Works: Stories of Life, Death and Surviving
Grief Works: Stories of Life, Death and Surviving
£12.99 | 282pp
As a psychotherapist specialising in loss and bereavement, I am always asked for a recommendation on the best general introductory text on grief. I am immediately conscious of the vast literature on this subject. While this book does not feature people with a learning disability, I have no hesitation in saying it is the best general guide to grief I have read. There is so much to admire in this book.
The author Julia Samuel has extensive clinical experience working for many years as a psychotherapist in the NHS and as founder of the Child Bereavement UK her knowledge shines through.
The book is structured with five main chapters, each with three case studies. These case studies are moving and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests