Book review: The Brain: What it Does, How it Works & How it Affects Behaviour
The Brain: What it Does, How it Works & How it Affects Behaviour
£9.99 | 192pp
Many books about the brain can be arduous, preventing students and qualified nurses from studying and understanding this central organ of the human nervous system that drives all our behaviour.
The Brain is written in an accessible style, with the author discussing what it does and how it does it using the latest research in neuroscience. There is use of case study examples throughout the book to help illustrate disease processes, making the book interesting to the reader. There are ‘myth busters' interspersed throughout the book with reinforcement of what the latest evidence suggests.
The design and use of illustrations in the book, including imaging technologies give the reader pictorial references to enhance their...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests