Value of learning disability nurse role in children’s hospitals
Learning disability nurses are valued in children’s hospitals, but it is unclear if they enhance perceptions of capacity or confidence among other staff
This study explored the nature and extent of learning disability nurse provision in children’s hospitals in England and the perceptions of staff.
Semi-structured interviews were undertaken with 48 senior staff from 15 children’s hospitals, including a subset of professionals employed in a learning disability nurse role. Anonymised surveys were completed by 1,681 clinical and non-clinical staff, 45% of whom worked in hospitals with dedicated learning disability nurse provision.
Eight of the 15...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests