Putting person-centred care at the heart of learning disability services
A national framework in Ireland aims to provide person-centred services for people with learning disabilities, their families and carers
In Ireland about 28,388 people with a learning disability receive services funded by the state and the voluntary sector ( Hourigan et al 2018 ). Most support is provided in institutions and large congregated settings, although some individualised independent supported living exists, and this is increasing slowly ( Keenan 2017a ).
Following the scandals of Winterbourne View in the UK ( Flynn and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests