Placements: how students can prepare, survive and thrive
Lecturer Sam Humphrey sets out his tried and tested strategy for nursing students on how to benefit from placements
- Placement experiences are there for you to learn and grow as a nurse, says the pocket guide author
- They are a chance to develop confidence while under supportive supervision, so make the most of them
- Makes notes on what is useful and questions you still have, also on keys points that occur to you before, during and after placements
What can I do to be ready for placement?
This is a question I am asked a lot, particularly by students in their first year preparing
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests