Daniel Marsden: treasuring extra curricular activities and staying patient
What is your job?
As a practice developer I support our acute hospital staff to provide care that is person centered, adjusted, safe and effective.
To do this, I am mindful of work-based cultures across our three acute hospital sites, and seek creative methods and projects to enlighten and empower. This includes co-creating tools, guidance and policy, leading on and fostering research and development, and ensuring standards are high.
Why did you become a nurse?
When I left school I had a mentor and family friend who was an occupational therapist, and who enabled me to get some work experience in a supported employment workshop. I subsequently worked as an activity support worker under occupational therapists.
However, 18 months later, I realised I spent more time working with nurses and they inspired me to make an application...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests