Book review: Revalidation
Revalidation: A Journey for Nurses and Midwives
Marianne Fairley-Murdoch and Paula Ingram | McGraw Hill Education | £19.99 | 224pp | ISBN: 9780335261420
This publication informs individual registrants of the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s (NMC) revalidation requirements.
While I would recommend it to registrants who want a comprehensive understanding of revalidation, it has a few incomplete sections.
Continuity in wording is lacking, with the terms ‘fitness for practice’ and ‘fitness to practise’ being used. The introductory chapter lacks focus, although those on continuing professional development (CPD), feedback, reflection, reflective discussion and confirmation are informative.
Excellent examples of CPD and feedback are provided, although the section on the latter lacks clear guidance in linking to the code.
Reflection is demystified and crucial components highlighted. Models of reflection are explored, but detail of the NMC reflective form is only...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests