How a new safe staffing tool supports decision-making in the emergency department
The ED SNCT, the latest in a suite of safer nursing care tools, supports managers and chief nurses
Why is safe nurse staffing in emergency departments so important?
Staffing levels have significant implications for patient safety, says the Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM).
The Francis Report into failures in care at Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust links inadequate staffing levels in hospitals with excess mortality and poor patient experiences.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests