Change the world through networking
When you go to a conference you look forward to finding nuggets of brilliance to bring back to your workplace and use to improve practice. With this expectation you scan conference programmes with highlighter poised, casting about for the presentations that will enhance your practice.
But what conference programmes cannot indicate is what you could gain just by talking to people. After all, networking is not always the most popular term with nurses, and some may even regard it as unsavoury.
I, personally, find networking as useful as sitting in a room listening to a presentation.
At the 2nd Global Emergency Nursing and Trauma Care conference in Sitges, Spain, in September, I learned about successful working practices elsewhere simply by speaking to colleagues from around the world. Our department is looking to improve...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests