Funding and workforce issues increasing 'fragility' of social care, says CQC
The latest Care Quality Commission report shows there are not enough adult social care services to keep up with growing demands
- 1.4 million older people do not get the care they need
- The social care system needs urgent reform and government plans have been delayed for too long
- Social care and community NHS teams should work together locally where they can
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspects close to 23,000 different adult social care services in England and more than four in five are rated good or outstanding.
The problem, according to the regulator, is that there are not enough services to keep pace with the growing demand.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests