Nurse-led team commended for specialist Parkinson’s disease service
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board’s nursing home clinic is highly commended in UK’s first awards for work with Parkinson’s disease.
A nurse-led team that offers support for people with complex Parkinson’s needs in nursing homes has been highly commended in the first UK Parkinson’s Excellence Network Awards.
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board’s nurse-led nursing home clinic was set up after consultations with people with Parkinson’s disease.
Taking the service into nursing homes rather than expecting people to go to the clinic makes the service less stressful for people with Parkinson’s, says one of the clinic’s two specialist nurses.
Tracy Williams, Parkinson’s specialist nurse for Cardiff and Vale...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests