The book provides educators and learners with a framework that offers the potential to transform nurse education and practice. It is the aspect of transformation and the role of nurse educators that are unique, and offer currency in the fast changing world of health. As part of this, it acknowledges nursing as a value-based profession, and when work is counter to values it can lead to nurses becoming disengaged with cynical attitudes. Suggestions are made for using reflective practice to guide nurses in making sense of their practice and building resilience.
The use of narrative, case studies and exercises breaks the text and makes it very readable. Providing a process for asking critical questions to identify where errors may occur as a result of gaps in systems could mean the book is also of use to nursing leaders.
My initial concern was that this book would have an American focus....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests