An Introduction to Qualitative Research: Learning in the Field (Fourth edition)
The chapters cover dispositions and skills; credibility, rigour, worthiness and ethical practice; genres that shape methodological strategies; conceptual frameworks and study design; data collection, analysis and interpretation; critical commentary of data analysis; field work issues; and accessing and reporting information appropriately. New for this edition are discussions on the importance of systematic inquiry and developing a conceptual framework.
Snippets of conversation used in earlier editions have been replaced with practical examples that demonstrate the complexities of qualitative research. This, along with the text notes and the activities at the end of each chapter, create a meaningful learning experience for the reader. It also offers access to online resources to extend and reinforce learning.
What sets this text apart is the skilful integration of the art and science of qualitative research. It will have broad appeal to novice researchers and any practitioner who has been away from the field...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests