Handbook of action research
The original version had 45 chapters, an introduction and a conclusion — the concise edition has 32 plus the same introduction and conclusion. The structure is exactly as before — with four parts and chapters grouped under groundings, practices, exemplars and skills. Comparing the two editions, it is difficult to tell the rationale for why some chapters were omitted from the compact edition, apart from the obvious need to reduce the size. The mainstream contributions still seem to be present, and some of the more quirky sounding chapters have gone (such as ‘I wish this were a poem of practices of participatory research’). It would only be the really dedicated scholar who would feel the need to go back to the first edition. Having said that the print in the concise edition is very small and the larger print in the hardback may be preferable.
This book is an absolute...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests