Focus Group Practice
The book is written in an accessible, non-technical style and is aimed at those involved in focus-group market research and social science research. Topics covered include: creating an informal environment, organising groups to encourage participation and facilitating participants to give their honest and open opinions.
The main text is complemented well by the use of extracts and transcriptions of ‘real life’ focus groups. The content is accessible through the use of large text boxes throughout, highlighting the most important issues. Summary points are included at the end of each chapter along with useful suggestions for practice. The authors provide links throughout to key texts and useful information for readers on where to access further information on focus group research.
Despite the emphasis on market research, I would recommend this book for anyone interested in this particular research approach as it demonstrates comprehensively the moderator's role and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests