Doing & Writing Qualitative Research
It includes helpful tips on how to manage emerging issues in qualitative research of subjectivity, validity, rigour and positioning of the researcher. If these useful pointers are followed it may help to improve the quality of work produced by new researchers.
Of special interest is a discussion of the importance of reflexivity in qualitative research. Discussion of this topic is detailed, but unfortunately requires some understanding of the concept and many readers may have found an introductory explanation of reflexivity helpful.
Also lacking is a discussion about the differences between reflection and reflexivity. The distinction between these topics often cause confusion among new nurse researchers who may be well versed in the former but not the later.
Overall, the book covers complex qualitative research difficulties and issues with eloquence and skill. Not all the examples are in a healthcare context, however, and nurse researchers may have to make further enquiries...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests