Celebrating nurses a visual history
It is interesting to read about nursing spanning civilization from classical Greece, the Roman Empire, medieval times and the early modern period to the more commonly documented 19th and 20th centuries. As well as sections describing the changes in nursing over the years there are vignettes of key leaders which go well beyond the famous names in nursing and provide a wonderful insight into the contributions of many individuals.
Fascinating themes permeate the text such as uniforms, caps and heroes, and the illustrations always bring to life the challenges and successes of good nursing. The common thread throughout this publication is the caring nature of nursing and the motivation of nurses across the centuries to improve humankind.
This book should appeal to an audience from those who have a passing interest in the origins of nurses and nursing to serious scholars wishing to examine the factors that have had an...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests