A Practical Guide to Research Methods
This book may be of help to students of the topic who feel they can identify with this statement. This is very much a ‘how to’ book, which can give excellent guidance to those wishing to put forward a research proposal or engage in research. The author identifies that she has ‘put across complicated issues in a way that can be understood by anyone interested in the topic’, and in this she has succeeded. However, unsurprisingly, it is not an exhaustive
What remains then is a very useful guide showing how to undertake a research project, and as such it is a very good point of departure, but not an authoritative guide. It is especially suited for undergraduate work, where it may well produce moments of revelation for the student.
Indeed, there are some excellent sections, including how to run a focus group, and a very straightforward discussion on qualitative...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests