What nurses really want for Christmas: better pay and conditions
Forget the teabag ‘thank you’ treat – meal breaks, better pay and computers, and less ‘us and them’, is what we want in our Christmas stockings
Have you been naughty or nice? Come December, Santa will want to know, so polish that halo.
I have no idea what he would make of Bart’s Hospital’s recruitment efforts, but I would guess that Santa, like the rest of us, would not be impressed. No candy canes for them.
A world away from NHS nurses’ working conditions
In case you missed it, the institution in question set up swanky restrooms, fully equipped with expensive coffee machines, snacks and sleeping areas, to entice non-clinical management applicants to join their staff.The much-publicised
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests