Review of 2017: A year to test the resilience of the nation’s most trusted profession
The year 2017 marked a milestone 30th birthday for Nursing Standard. We look back on a year that has both challenged and shown the very best of the nursing profession
More than 100,000 nurses and other NHS staff sign an online petition calling for an end to pay restraint, triggering a parliamentary debate . The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) agrees to regulate the new nursing associate role. Nurses recognised in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours list include University of West London emeritus professor of nursing Elizabeth Anionwu , who is made a dame.
Official figures reveal a 23% fall in nursing degree applications, which the RCN...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests