Mental health framework: developing a collective voice for nursing in Wales
Senior mental health nurses in Wales have produced a set of ambitions for mental health nursing to act as a basis for a future action plan
The All Wales Senior Nurse Advisory Group for Mental Health (AGMH) has published a framework for mental health nursing to support policy intentions to improve services.
The AGMH is made up of senior mental health nurses from each health board and from higher education establishments across Wales.
Increased political interest
Group chair Hazel Powell explains: ‘We wanted to develop a collective voice for mental health nursing in Wales.
The proportion of staff providing NHS mental health services in Wales who are nurses
(Source: Skills for Health)
‘Politically, there has been an increased interest in mental health over the last few years in all the countries....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests