How new challenges re-energised our nursing careers
Two nurses prompted by the pandemic to move jobs talk about their new career paths
When nurses Sabine Schwaebisch and Rhian Simmons were seconded to a COVID response unit in April 2020 they knew it would be a challenge. But what they didn’t know was that it would prompt them to take their careers in new directions.
Both had been working at Helen House , a children’s hospice in Oxford, when they volunteered for the 16-week redeployment to a former adult hospice that had been transformed into a unit for up to 26 patients with COVID-19 for whom intensive care was unsuitable.
The contrast between their usual duties as
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests