Book review: Thoughtful Health Care
Thoughtful Health Care: Ethical Awareness and Reflective Practice
£22.99 | 216pp
This easy-to-read book is a must for nurses seeking to improve the care they provide. It challenges many of the belief structures in the NHS, as well as how healthcare professionals see the health service. It also examines clearly and honestly where policymakers have made mistakes.
Fictional scenarios, stories and ‘stop and think’ statements are presented throughout the text to challenge the reader’s views, encourage them to think independently, develop their problem-solving abilities, improve their critical decision-making skills and reflect on their own practice.
The eight chapters explore subjects such as values, the use of simplistic labels, how healthcare professionals view patients and the purpose of the NHS.
The book’s format helps readers to review critically and reflect on...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests