Book review: Oxford Manual of Major Incident Management
Oxford Manual of Major Incident Management
Paul Hunt and Ian Greaves | Oxford University Press | £34.99 |480pp | ISBN: 978019923808
This book will appeal to a wide range of personnel, including nurses involved in major incident management, as well as those who wish to gain greater knowledge of the theory and multi-agency responsibilities.
It has a clear, didactic style with diagrams and pictures where appropriate.The authors have attempted to cover the spectrum of emergency preparedness, resilience and response in a logical order.
They also cover the psychological aspects of major incidents and dealing with the media.
For hospital staff, the book provides an insight into the pre-hospital phase, including the responsibilities of relevant agencies, services and individuals, as well as casualty and scene medical management.
For staff in pre-hospital settings, it provides detail of the hospital...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests