Book review: Emergency Care of Minor Trauma in Children
Emergency Care of Minor Trauma in Children
Ffion Davies, Colin E Bruce and Kate Taylor-Robinson | CRC Press | £30.99 | 219pp | ISBN: 9781498787710
I jumped at the opportunity to review this book because, like many clinicians who treat adults, I assumed seeing and treating children would be more complicated.
This book, now in its third edition, goes a long way to addressing this assumption, at least with regard to minor trauma care.
Written by senior clinicians, it discusses assessment, investigation and treatment options based not only on current evidence but also on past clinical experience.
The book covers all the important topics encountered in practice, from head injuries to foot injuries and everything between.
One especially useful section concerns practical procedures and regional blocks for dealing with injuries such as wounds, fractures and dislocations.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests