Book review: The Ear Book: A Complete Guide to Ear Disorders and Health
The Ear Book: A Complete Guide to Ear Disorders and Health
Thomas J. Balkany and Kevin D. Brown
Johns Hopkins Press
£18.50 | 256pp
This book has been written for a public audience and is not intended for the healthcare professional. However, this does not take away from its usefulness as a good text for nurses who work in urgent care treating minor ear conditions.
The book is set out in six chapters which guide the reader from understanding basic anatomy through to examining common complaints of the outer, middle and inner ear. Each disorder is discussed briefly, with its signs, symptoms and current treatment strategies reviewed.
There is also a useful chapter discussing the various diagnostic interventions used in everyday general practice and otology. Throughout the book there are simple and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests