Book review: The Ear Book
The Ear Book: A Complete Guide to Ear Disorders and Health
Thomas J Balkany and Kevin D Brown | Johns Hopkins Press | £20.00 | 256pp | ISBN: 9781421422855
Despite being written for the general public rather than healthcare professionals, this is a useful text for nurses who work in urgent care treating minor ear conditions.
The book is set out in six chapters that guides the reader from basic anatomy to common ear complaints of the outer, middle and inner ear.
Each disorder is discussed briefly, with signs, symptoms and current treatment strategies reviewed.
There is also a chapter on various diagnostic interventions in everyday general practice and otology, and there are clear anatomy diagrams throughout the text.
A useful book for quick and simple reference, but it does not give the reader the depth of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests