App review: NICE Guidance
Nurses and other healthcare professionals can now access guidance from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) while on the move.
It is the first app to contain authoritative, evidence-based guidance on how to diagnose, treat and prevent disease and ill health. Topics include safe staffing for nurses, vulnerable groups, communicable diseases and smoking cessation.
The app contains all of NICE’s clinical guidelines, including those on stroke, chronic heart failure, head injury, depression, anxiety and autism.
Particularly helpful is the new-and-updated-guidance section. There are no visuals, but the app is information rich and all nurses can benefit from using it.
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Reviewed by Layla Haidrani, RCNi Editorial assistant
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests