App review: Mind My Heart
University College London Hospitals (UCLH) NHS Foundation Trust produced this app, making it the first NHS heart failure service in the UK to offer this type of resource.The app is for patients at risk of heart failure, so nurses should direct patients to it to help monitor and report concerns.
The app aims to improve patients’ engagement with their care. Features include information about heart failure, a diary for upcoming appointments, and contact details for the patient’s nurse and cardiac rehabilitation nurse specialist. The notepad can remind users of any issues they want to discuss at their next appointment. It can also take pictures of important letters or medication lists for personal use.
The app has been designed to integrate with other systems at UCLH, so its usefulness to non-trust patients may be limited.
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests