App review: DonorPath
NHS Blood and Transplant has launched DonorPath to assist its specialist nurses working in organ donation.
Tying in with the NHS commitment to go paperless, as detailed in the Five Year Forward View, the app helps specialist nurses enter information on organ donation more accurately and efficiently.
Approximately 200 acute hospitals in the UK are using the app and it is only available to nurses in the NHS Blood and Transplant team at each acute trust.
The aim is to reduce the administrative workload for specialist nurses, allowing them to spend more time with patients and the clinical donor management team.
Available on iPad, the app is a great example of how technology can help NHS staff.
Reviewed by Layla Haidrani, RCNi editorial assistant
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests