Safeguarding older teens: ED nurses need professional curiosity
Safeguarding for older teenagers can be overlooked in emergency care, but meaningful conversations are important when there are concerns for children of any age
Emergency staff often view young people aged 16 and 17 through an adult lens when they present to emergency departments – especially with potential safeguarding concerns.
The risk of harm and exploitation can increase in adolescence
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests