Emergency nurse's trigger point shows mental health as important as physical health
We must support each other in coping with the accumulation of stressful events, which can penetrate a nurse’s professional armour, says Nick Castle.
A nurse who provided emergency care in the aftermath of the Shoreham air crash has written a powerful article about the personal challenges he experienced in the days, weeks and months afterwards.
Anthony Kemp describes in the article, Reflections on personal psychological resilience arising from the Shoreham air crash in 2015 , the distress that those exposed to such events endure before they are able to return to a healthy psychological state.
He provides some powerful insights into the at times overwhelming burden caused by the stress he experienced....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests