Why I became an emergency nurse – and why I love it
From cathedral verger to military upbringing, five nurses explain what drew them to an emergency nursing role and why they are so passionate about their jobs
- One nurse wanted a job that would be busy and exciting, whether it was saving a life or just making someone feel better
- Another found the huge breadth of knowledge that was needed stood him in good stead for a career move into lecturing
- An ideal place to start your career, seeing all the good and bad aspects of life, on your feet all day – a tough job but a place of camaraderie
No two days are the same in the fast-paced world of emergency nursing.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests