Menopause symptoms and period pain: identify women’s health conditions with confidence
Every woman will experience physiological changes throughout their life, related to stages such as menstruation and the menopause, says the RCN .
Women may also experience physical or mental health issues, or issues relating to sexual and reproductive health, including access to contraception, fertility and pregnancy-related health issues.
Some women are also more vulnerable to social economic challenges.
The provision of women’s healthcare services across the UK is varied and is covered by the acute sector, primary care and the independent sector, and nurses are involved at all levels of care.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests