No longer a backwater, care homes offer a career
Once considered backwaters in terms of a career, care homes can nowadays be vibrant places to work, with a clear career structure
Care homes have in the past been considered career backwaters, places to go when you are nearing the end of your NHS career.
But that is changing across the UK, with care homes increasingly viewed as modern, vibrant places to work. This is particularly evident in Scotland, where the charity Erskine provides a clear career structure for staff that can take them from care assistant to nurse consultant.
Erskine provides nursing, residential, respite and dementia care to UK veterans and their spouses in four homes across...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests