Book review: Understanding BRCA: Living with the breast cancer gene
Understanding BRCA: Living with the breast cancer gene
£14.99 | 260pp
At long last someone has written a book on breast genetics that is informative, accurate and interesting, yet has been done in a manner that makes it relevant to healthcare professionals, as well as patients. It is a fascinating read.
As a reviewer, I was required to read this book in a relatively short time frame. However, this will also be a great reference for the future and as an aide-memoire when teaching nursing and medical students within the clinic setting.
I work with patients who may have a moderate risk of breast cancer due to their family history.
The book is split into two; the factual aspect, then the personal review of the authors own journey....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests