Appreciative Healthcare Practice: a Guide to Compassionate Person-Centred Care
With the aim of developing caring and compassionate professionals at the forefront of NHS trusts and nursing educational establishments, this book could benefit nurses at all levels.
It outlines the state of caring and the development of mindfulness and coaching skills to provide patient-centred care.
Although the eight chapters are divided into smaller chunks, the reader is required to work through them, reflecting and building on knowledge and experience. As well as being practical, the book encourages self-reflection as caring, compassionate professionals to understand the patient’s need and desire to become more empowered.
This book will be relevant for libraries and educational programmes as a resource to develop compassion and professionalism.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests