Clinical teams should have a Changing Faces practitioner
The pioneering UK charity that specialises in psychosocial interventions is set to work in NHS hospitals alongside clinical colleagues
The UK charity Changing Faces supports patients and their families living with the psychological and social challenges of disfigurement. We also provide training for healthcare professionals to support patients’ psychosocial needs.
While medical and/or surgical treatments for disfiguring conditions such as cancer are increasingly sophisticated, patients are often left with an altered appearance, and they and their families can experience some psychological difficulties. The right psychosocial support at the right time reduces the distress experienced by patients and significantly reduces the risk of them developing psychological problems later.
Key findings from extensive academic and clinical research and the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests