Why being an overweight nurse matters - and what to do about it
Management support and simple steps can make a big difference to a growing problem
- Incidence of obesity and overweight in nurses is an issue for individuals as well as the wider workforce and profession, research shows
- Most nurses say their employer provides little or no support to help them maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Tips on how to access healthy food and plan for night shifts - and share your views on access to healthy food
Obesity continues to be among the most significant health problems facing the general population, and nursing staff are mirroring the trend.
Poor access to nutritious food, especially for staff working at night or in the community, and long, often understaffed, shifts leading to inadequate breaks are key issues....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests