Rheumatoid arthritis: what nurses need to know
Nurses can play a vital role in helping people with rheumatoid arthritis manage the condition, cope with medication side effects and live the best quality life
- About 1% of the UK population is affected by rheumatoid arthritis, with women more likely to have it than men
- Comorbidities, including osteoarthritis, can pose challenges when treating those who are older
- Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis depends on symptoms and should be aimed at achieving remission or low disease activity
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and how does it differ from osteoarthritis?
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests