Blog: Excited to begin my student placement in primary care
Second year nursing student Claire Carmichael is delighted to embark on her latest placement at her first choice option - general practice
When I was sent an email to request to choose where I would like to go on my next student placement, my first choice was a general practice (GP) surgery. To my excitement, I got it. My first placement of my second year is a GP surgery and I could not be happier.
General practice has always been an area I would absolutely love to work in. There are many reasons why this is my personal preference. First, no day is ever the same in this setting; each patient I see will be different. I will be seeing a wide range of patients with conditions across the life span and providing continuity of care for individuals.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests