Book review: Walking Forward, Looking Back
Walking Forward, Looking Back
£8.99 | 160pp
The author of Walking Forward, Looking Back is a retired district nurse and midwife and this book is a heartwarming reflection on her experiences of caring for people in their homes as she recalls past events while out walking her dog.
The stories are presented as random memories as she reminisces about her life. They include tales of the people she encountered during her career and the special relationships she formed while caring for people in their own homes in 1960s London.
The book elicits an array of emotions from the reader. The author has evident ability, skill and compassion, which is highlighted when a nursing student asks her what course she should go on so that she can learn to talk to...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests