Book review: Healthcare in Transition: Understanding key ideas and tensions in contemporary health policy
Healthcare in Transition: Understanding key ideas and tensions in contemporary health policy
£21.99 | 208pp
This book affirms the deep contextual understanding of past, present and future UK healthcare policy you might expect from the Director of the Centre for Public Policy Research Alan Cribb. In it he explores the move away from biomedical clinical approaches towards more democratic and social models of care.
The chapters outline historical ideas embedded in current healthcare policy and settings, highlight the gaps between current policy and practice, then detail current social, person-centred models of care. Cribb critically evaluates integrated systems of delivery and debates the types of healthcare delivered after the introduction of more democratic models.
A helpful outline and discussion of the tensions in healthcare is provided.Making room within provision and policy...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests