Vantage Point: How nursing is leading the way in Wales
The parliamentary review of health and social care in Wales, A Revolution from Within, was published in January 2018. It makes ten recommendations that inform the development of a new long-term plan for health and social care.
The review sets a compelling case for change and articulates the lived experiences of nurses at all levels. It describes a vision of care that empowers individuals, is focused on prevention and is provided as close to people’s homes as possible.
In line with the review findings, chief nursing officer (CNO) for Wales Jean White and the nurse directors in Wales published in September 2017 a set of eight national interim principles on district nurse staffing based on the best available evidence in practice.
'Nursing can not only rise to the challenge set by the parliamentary review, but can also lead by example'...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests