UK district nursing survey aims to provide true picture of the service
A survey of district nursing team leaders by the Queen’s Nursing Institute aims to provide an authoritative picture of the service in the UK
The NHS Long Term Plan, published earlier this year, provided probably the most concrete commitment to community health services of any national policy document since the creation of the NHS.
It coincided with a decision by the Queen’s Nursing Institute (QNI) to undertake a UK-wide study of the district nursing workforce. This study will be informed by the responses of team leaders to an online survey and will be the first one since 2014.
Previous QNI studies have described the challenges facing the district nursing service and have helped policymakers, service planners and nurses themselves to develop strategies to manage those challenges.
Undervalued and overlooked
Despite these studies, district nurses still find their specialism...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests