It’s high time we sing the praises of general practice nurses
General practice nurses go the extra mile, innovate and make the best use of resources to provide better patient experiences, despite staff shortages
The World Health Organization has designated 2020 as the International Year of the Nurse and Midwife, marking the 200th anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birth . What would Miss Nightingale think of general practice as a nursing specialism?
I’m sure she would embrace its unique contribution to modern healthcare. Delivering care in or near to people’s homes has better health outcomes than a hospital admission for many patients.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests