Dementia care in non-specialist settings: ask a nurse expert
What have you always wanted to know about dementia care, but couldn’t find in a textbook? Dementia UK’s Admiral Nurses are creating a user-friendly learning resource
Around 900,000 people in the UK are living with dementia, recent research shows, with the figure expected to rise to one million people in the next three years and two million by 2051.
Dementia is now the leading cause of death in England and Wales, accounting for 12.5% of all deaths registered in 2019, according to Office for National Statistics data .
All nurses need to be aware of dementia
And while dementia is associated with old age, there are also estimated to be about 42,500 people
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests