Has Leeds bucked the national trend in childhood obesity?
Fall in obesity in reception age children following implementation of citywide strategy in 2009
There has been a fall in obesity in reception age children following the implementation of a citywide strategy in 2009
While growing levels of obesity in children in the UK is a major public health concern, there has been a significant fall in obesity in reception age children in Leeds.
In 2009 Leeds implemented a citywide childhood obesity strategy. A core element was a pre-school obesity prevention programme called HENRY, which trained health professionals and early years’ practitioners, as well as delivered sessions for parents, through children’s centres.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Already registered or subscribed? Log in