Nurse-led end of life care service supports 400 families in first year
A nurse-led end of life care service, set up to provide joined-up care and dedicated support for patients and families, has had an overwhelmingly positive response from patients, families and health professionals. The care coordination team arranges rapid packages of care and equipment to enable patients to die in the place of their choice, often at home.
Head of the Wandsworth Care Coordination Centre and team lead Cathy Maylin, right, with co-ordinators Khine Moi and Beverley Preddle
The Wandsworth Care Coordination Centre is a pilot service run by Royal Trinity Hospice in partnership with Marie Curie and St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (St George’s). It is funded by Wandsworth Clinical Commissioning Group and is a two-year pilot that is currently due to run until March 2017.
The centre supported over 400 patients and their families during its first year. Patients and families that have...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests