Simple visual tool helps safeguard mothers after caesarean section
Five Guide, developed by a Queen's Nurse, uses the hand as a guide to enhance recovery and safeguard women from infection after a caesarean
- Five Guide uses hand to represent the five layers that need time to heal after a caesarean
- The 5 layers – skin, fat, muscle, peritoneum, womb – need 5-6 weeks to heal
- Aim is to develop Five Guide for use in training of all health visitors
A simple tool developed by a Queen’s Nurse to help health visitors explain to new mothers who have had a caesarean section why it’s important to take things easy has won the Community and General Practice Nursing category of the 2019 RCNi Nurse Awards, the profession’s top accolade.
The clinically effective Five Guide health...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests